This post was originally written back in March of this year, when August seemed so very far away. Fast forward to today and it’s time to start thinking about 2016 (business-wise, that is). I’ve updated our Calendar of Events a bit and will continue to do so as we book events for the holidays as well as solidify our indoor market dates. Remember: To be absolutely certain where we are during any given week, check out our Potter Wines Facebook page.
‘Tis the season! As in, wine event season. My winemaker and I had a brief break in wine events (Jan/Feb/March are typically slower months in the wine industry) which allowed us to focus on a whole host of other projects, many of which you’ll see introduced throughout 2015. In my mind, this “break” meant we would be caught up on business paperwork and home projects…HA! You silly, silly girl with your free thinking!
Nevertheless, we have a LOT in store for you this year. As soon as we launch our next project you can bet I’ll be running off my fingers right here. But in the meantime, if you’re local to Boise, are new in town or are planning a visit, here’s where you can find us for the next seven months. Some dates are tentative and we are always adding events as they come up. So if you want to be completely sure whether we’re at a specific farmer’s market or venue on a specific day, your best bet is to check our Facebook page.
And remember, you can ALWAYS find us and buy online at www.jalapenowine.com!
Potter Wines Calendar of Events (Through October 2015)
- Sunday the 15th: Fred Meyer Tasting. 12 to 4pm (Located at Glenwood and Chinden in Garden City)
- Thursday the 2nd: First Thursday at Gallery Five18. I will be pouring our Jalapeno Wines as well as our Riesling and Jalapeno Lemonade by the glass. Come visit me and see some terrific local art! 5 to 9pm, located at 518 S. Americana Blvd.
- Saturday the 4th: Opening day of The Boise Farmer’s Market! We made our big debut at this market last year, we’re more than thrilled to return as members. Open 9am to 1pm, located @ 10th & Grove Streets
- Saturday the 11th: The Boise Farmer’s Market (see above for times and location).
- Saturday the 18th: Opening day of The Capital City Public Market! This is our first appearance at this market, we’re excited to add it to our 2015 line-up. Open 9:30am to 1:30pm. located downtown Boise on 8th street We’ll also be at The Boise Farmer’s Market (see above for times and location).
- Thursday the 23rd: The Oak Tree. A special Mother’s Day event with giveaways, raffles, massages and wine! 5 to 8pm, located at Americana Terrace, between the river and the entrance to Kathryn Albertson’s Park.
- Saturday the 25th: Both The Boise Farmer’s Market and The Capital City Public Market (see above for times and locations).
- Saturday the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th: The Boise Farmer’s Market
- Thursday the 7th: First Thursday at Boise Art Glass and Gallery Five18. 5 to 9 pm. Von will be manning the bar upstairs at Boise Art Glass, located at 1124 W Front St. Yours Truly will be pouring at Gallery Five18.
- Saturday the 2nd, 16th and 23rd: Capital City Public Market
June (Idaho Wine Month):
- Thursday the 4th: First Thursday at Boise Art Glass, 5-9pm. Yes, we love pouring here so you’ll find us here often. This place is a blast!
- Saturday the 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th: The Boise Farmer’s Market and Capital City Public Market
- Sunday the 14th: Savor Idaho. This event is always top-notch, on beautiful grounds (at the Idaho Botanical Gardens) and loads of fun. Get your tickets fast though before they sell out, because they will!
- Monday the 29th: Bodovino, 5-7pm. Join us for tastings to celebrate Idaho Wine Month. 404 S. 8th St, Boise 83702
- Saturday the 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th: The Boise Farmer’s Market
- Saturday the 11th, 18th and 25th: Capital City Public Market
- All Saturdays: The Capital City Public Market
- Saturday the 1st, 8th, 15th and 29th: The Boise Farmer’s Market
- Sunday the 16th: Salsa Fest at North End Organic Nursery, 3-7pm.
- Thursday the 27th: Taste 208 Autumn Speakeasy, 6-9pm. This will be a fantastic showing of what the area has to offer in beer, wine, spirits and food! Only 300 tickets are sold and they are all VIP. Located in the Linen Building, 1402 W Grove St, Boise 83702 (Want $5 off your ticket? Of course you do! Use the code FRIEND before August 23rd: Get your tickets here!)
September events are loosely scheduled due to unforeseeable harvest times/travel. Check out our Facebook page for updates.
- Saturday the 3rd, 10th, 24th and 31st: The Capital City Public Market. Watch for the market to be moved indoors sometime this month – location TBA.
- All Saturdays: The Boise Farmer’s Market. Watch for the market to be moved indoors sometime this month, at 8th & Fulton Streets downtown.
- Thursday the 1st: First Thursday at Boise Art Glass, 5-9pm. 1124 W Front St.
- Saturday the 3rd: Eagle Food & Wine Festival, 6-9pm. We were newbies at this event last year (you can find the recap here) and made it a must-do for 2015! This year we’re paired up with Bardenay Eagle! Located at Banbury Golf Club in Eagle, ID. Get your tickets here.
This takes us to the busy holiday season, where we’re adding events frequently and will be in at least one of the indoor markets on Saturdays. Watch for another update to this post sometime in October (which is also about the time I’ll be telling you all about our nifty Christmas gift boxes…ooooh, aaaah!).